View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your favorite foam flies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroostookbasser View Post
My favorite is a pupae: take semiclear whitish packing foam. The sheet stuff used to pad picture frames and such from China. The paper thin stuff. Cut a small strip ..wrap around hook to form tapered body...and finish with dubbing to form thorax and use thread to form mandible area on head. Always black thread. Brookies love em.

aroostookbasser, your mentioning of the packing foam reminded me of a fly that Gary LaFontaine was very big on, it was called the "Airhead", are you familiar with it?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/