View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default Re: Pyramid Lake advice

Tyson, take a sacraficial, hooded wind breaker, some extra fleece, fingerless gloves, and a very warm hat.
Don't leave anything laying out around your vehicle while you're fishing, (or anytime) the wind may blow it into the lake. ( A couple years ago, the wind tried to steal my 150lb pram off the beach.)
A friend just fished it for the first time this week. (Did well on midges.)
His cabin tent almost flew away from midnight till four in the morn.
Close to 80 mile an hour winds. He and a friend had to yell at each other to hear over the noise, while battening the hatches, in their underware. (I slept soundly in my camper!)
Be very careful driving on the sand, many get stuck.
Read and follow the new regs. Barbless hooks now, do not leave your ladder unattended in the water, and use the porta-potty (250.00 cite).
Check sharpness of your hooks, they should stick in the back of your finger nail.
If you hook up, don't try to lip them, they have puppy teeth.
I like a three-step werner aluminum ladder with a lean bar (pipe insulation added to bar). Add 3/4" pvc cross-braces on the legs to keep from sinking.
This lighter set-up lets you wander down the beach to spots unwise to drive to.
If you strip a streamer, you'll want a stripping basket too. Drilled holes in my Orvis basket, so it wouldn't be a sea anchor if I swim.
Oh, and watch out walking on the deadly white clay!!!! Perhaps the most slippery substance know to man/woman.
Have fun.

Jim

Bigfly

Last edited by Bigfly; 03-27-2011 at 10:19 AM.