Thread: Reels
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:00 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Reels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I agree with Frank, extra spools add to the versatility of a reel. I have too many reels when I consider that I only use the same 5 or 6, and could easily get by with 3 or 4 of them, which would still cover a broad spectrum of fish and conditions.

For someone who's just compiling their arsenal, or anyone who wants to add another reel to their collection, Orvis is including a free extra spool with their Battenkill Mid Arbor and Battenkill Bar Stock Reels for the month of April.
Damn, that really screws up my logic on purchasing my first reel. I was going with the Hobbs Creek. I don't even know enough to know what I don't know, but I want a reel that I can keep and use for years. I don't mind spending the extra money. I really like the look of those reels......decisions, decisions.