View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kokanee/Sockeye fly patterns?

Bigdog2421: This Russian River bucktail fly By Ard) is one of the main patterns I used on the Kenai fishing for Sockeye, it wll catch fish all day long. Use your own imagaination on the color combos (red/white, orange/white, yellow/white, black/green, purple/white, black/blue, the combos are endless). This fly is very simple to tie and when you loose one to dredging the bottom you won't feel helpless!
Click the image to open in full size.
Here is another popular pattern called the Polar Shrimp (this one by Diver Dan) that I liked to fish.
Click the image to open in full size.

I couldn't find the stash of bucktail flies that I said I would forward to you. I did some remodeling of the fly tying/computer room awhile back and now I can't find those salmon flies.

Larry