View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:38 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about
Default re: Invasive Species Discussion

We could but it's a mute issue here in Maryland. THE DNR pased a law making felt soled waders illegal as of March 21st. They are giving warnings this year because they passed the law without passing what fines would be assessed. Starting in 2012 they will give citations if you have felt soled bottoms. They have found didymo in one of the rivers I fish in, the lower Savage River in Western Maryland. I find the bootom/stockingfoot wader combo more comfortable than the boot/wader combo but I had just bought a pair of Orvis waders with felt soled bottoms a couple of years ago. I fish Pennsylvania as well and they are still legal up there.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)