View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fly fishing combo for kids

Hi Steve,

If you want them to learn to fly fish they need good gear that works just like an adult. Nothing wrong with a 4wt but with bass in the mix they may be better off with a 5wt. I think the 7' length is too short for them. A 8' may be a better choice. If they are large for their age then maybe even an 8' 6". The longer rod would be more useful as they grow older. If one is a small girl then maybe a 7' 6". This is all guessing on my part. They need to hold a rod and judge its weight and how they can control it. They will grow like a weed from here on and I would not size the rod for just today.

Frank