View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Kokanee/Sockeye fly patterns?

I can't help myself and have to ask, what pound leader are you using that you got broke off 6 times? The way salmon school up it's easy to swing through a bunch and hook one in the body without trying to do so. If you were foul hooked I understand the problem because a fish hooked in the butt can pop a heavy line on you. They are real hard to bring in backward but if the fish were jib hooked and broke you gotta rethink either the leader or those knots. Just thinking aloud here and I'm thinking that you should be able to get away with at least 12 lb fluorocarbon on these fish. The ones I have seen looked like 2 - 5 pounds might be an average weight but if you get them that size in current on a 4 - 8 pound line it could end up bad.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;