View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 09:57 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, How do you cart your flyboxes?

My experience has been the same with the vest, I loaded every pocket there was and it weighed a ton!
On the rivers I am very familiar with I have what looks like a big wallet with the foam insert. It hangs around my neck and is small enough that the twins don't get in the way.
I bought the Safe Passage, chest/fanny combo and it worked great. Started using the chest part less and less. I wore the fanny pack one season guiding, loaded with maybe 3 system X boxes cause I knew what flies worked and a few to try out, plus plenty of each for the clients. I also would pack water bottles in each side (I generally had two clients at once). My HIPS were killing me. I tried raising it, even the neck strap but still killed my hips.
I would end up taking it off and clipping it together and throwing it over my shoulder.
Then I saw the Sling. PERFECT for me. The little front pouch for leaders, camera and the mesh on the front, Frog's Fanny. Second pouch, "6" small compartment fly boxes all with designated flies in them, BIG pouch, I can put two water bottles, plus a spare reel and strike indicators. I have a leader landyard attached to the front zipper, a Tape Measure Zinger with clippers attached to the big bag and
on another zinger and in a little holster provided on the sling.

Now the best part. NET! the "D" ring for the net is right in the middle of a nice padded shoulder strap so that if you slide the sling to the front to get something out...it stays behind you. Slide it back out of the way.....Net is still behind you. Can't do that with a fanny pack.