View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:32 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Some nymph fishing things

I prefer quarter and swing with a lift then a couple hand turn retreaves....let it sit...look around....i like positioning myself in the river to present my nymph this way.

But lately I've found value in short lining around me including wading slowly up stream and short lining seams and rifles with up stream flop casts.

After paying so much attention to being sneaky and low in my approach, it was shocking how productive this is....almost standing on top of the fish...crazy.

Deep fast water takes a three quarter up steam cast to get the fly down in the area I'm targeting down and across from me.

Straight up steam, long casts are hard for me, take to much delicate but fast striping to maintain contact that its more work than I prefer. Not to say that if I see a fish up stream I'm not going to fish to it in what ever way it takes ( ;