View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM

rangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud ofrangerrich99 has much to be proud of
Default Re: How Many Fly Boxes Do You Carry In Your Vest/Pack?

I voted 5, as I fish from my tube about 80-90% of the time and when I'm packing, I tend to just throw the first five boxes in the pockets right before I head out the door.

When I hike streams, I usually only carry two or three boxes, which is kind of overkill, since I'm pretty sure most of the time I only fish six or seven different types of flies on a given day.

At Lee's Ferry, I bring one or none. Over 90% of the time, I'm fishing a slitshotted zeeb rig, and I have about 150 of them in my chestpack on that foam thing (supposedly that thing is called a 'workstation.'), so no need to carry a box. But sometimes there's a hatch or a cicada bite, and then I'll bring some emergers and big dries in another box.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark