View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: How Many Fly Boxes Do You Carry In Your Vest/Pack?

I voted 5, as I fish from my tube about 80-90% of the time and when I'm packing, I tend to just throw the first five boxes in the pockets right before I head out the door.

When I hike streams, I usually only carry two or three boxes, which is kind of overkill, since I'm pretty sure most of the time I only fish six or seven different types of flies on a given day.

At Lee's Ferry, I bring one or none. Over 90% of the time, I'm fishing a slitshotted zeeb rig, and I have about 150 of them in my chestpack on that foam thing (supposedly that thing is called a 'workstation.'), so no need to carry a box. But sometimes there's a hatch or a cicada bite, and then I'll bring some emergers and big dries in another box.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark