View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:15 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Fly casting lessons scheduled:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nralover View Post
Well, I have vacation starting the week of the 14th. I figured rather than go out and frustrate myself and the wife on the lake, we would take a few fly casting lessons. I have elected to not so much as assemble our fly outfits until we go to our class. How many lessons do you attend before you can make a halfway decent cast? I realize that everyone learns at a different rate, but we are chomping at the bit to take our new hobby to the water. I am a patient guy, but I admit to being overwhelmed with childish enthusiasm
I guide fly fishing trips on the Snake River in Jackson Hole WY. 75% of my clients each year have never fly fished. At the start of the float trip we pull off on a gravel bar and teach the basic casting. It only takes 15 to 30 minutes to teach the basic casting stroke needed to fish from a drift boat. Then we get after the fish. We are coaching all day but most people are catching fish almost from the start. By the end of a full day trip (8 hours) clients are casting well enough they can go out on their own.

Learning the basics is relatively easy. Improving on the basics is a life long pursuit. I've been fly fishing for 35 yrs and am still learning new things all the time. Get the basics at your casting lesson and have fun learning the rest as you go forward from there!!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures