View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Release your trout gently

Alright--- so they are a little more resilient than we give them credit for-- but I still see a gentler approach to be the nicest way... Although TAT might be onto something with the slingshot release method....

As a side note: I see this thread derailing quickly into an ethics discussion regarding the best/ proper/ most humane way to handle the fish, and the fish deserve x, y, and z, and the such.... The irony is that we are the ones who need to create these tenets-- likely to justify toying with nature in the first place.

I'm as guilty as anyone-- I love to fish-- and try to impact each fish as little as possible, but I have to wonder why I am giving regard to a creature that I just pulled from it's environment, by a hook thru it's mouth, thrashing and jumping, and kicking and screaming-- all for my own selfish enjoyment....