View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:00 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beulah Platnium Series 12'6" 6 Weight Spey

Update 4/8/11

Just recently, I took one of my customers to the local river to help him with his Spey casting. He bought a 12'6" 6 weight Beulah Platinum Series Spey rod from the shop. I got to cast his rod with a 450 grain Rio Skagit line with a 15 foot type 6 tip.

With 450 grains, the Platinum Series rod bends all the way down to the handle. That load has enough power to lob the head plus various lengths of tungsten tips. It truly has that Pacific Northwest Skagit feel.

This 6 weight Spey is very user friendly. My customer was able to get the basics of the Single Spey down fairly easily. He was getting some consistent 50 to 60 foot casts with good loops by the end of the hour.

MP