View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EHC Tips and Tricks?

On my home river, the dominate hatch of the year is the zebra caddis, know locally as the alderfly.
The fish key in on emerges that rocket up from the river bottom. Fish chasing them tend to breach in a splashy rise.
Adult caddis are only rarely seen on the water and those that are, have fallen from stream side bushes.
Egg layers do so on the bottom, and so appear as swimmers similar to the emergers.
For this particular hatch, an emerger pattern far more important than dry. And I think you'll find that to be true of many other caddis hatches as well

My go-to for the alderfly hatch is a simple peacock and partridge soft hackle.
Similar to this...
Click the image to open in full size.