View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing with indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by mey123 View Post
i am having trouble connecting tippet to my fly line, i am using connectors, the litte football shaped connectors, but they keep breaking my line. i tie my own leaders and it is usually 4 lb test where it connects, i was wondering if there was a better way to connect the leader... one more question i fish a lot with small indiacators and i thinking that maybe the indicator is making my flies drag and not giving a natural appearance any suggestions.
Thanks
Number one....4 lb at the connection? You should be at 13 lb to 21 lb. You are not getting a good base on the leader. I am 99% sure this is why you are breaking off. Find a good recipe for a tapered leader on line and follow that. It could be as many as 7 sections.
A good Taper will also help with the indicator drift, not to mention casting.
I use the LOOP 2 LOOP myself, but I switch from hand tied mono, to furled and this works for me, but I also make my loops in the FLY LINE right out of the fly line its self.