View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fishing with indicators

Hi mey123,

First let me welcome you to the forum.

Joni has addressed you main problem if you are using a leader with a 4lb butt. If you are a new fly fisher you would be better off using a commercial knotless tapered leader. They are very good leaders and there are sizes for most any application and they match your fly line size. You stated that: "i am having trouble connecting tippet to my fly line," You don't fasten tippet to fly line, the tippet is the end of the leader that the fly fastens to. You may find this FAQ post helpful. If you are using a level leader then you could fasten the leader to your fly line but if it is 4lb it better be very short and don't use the connectors. I think you need to start over and get a better setup. What length of leader are you using and is it a tapered leader or a level leader? What are you fishing for?

Frank