View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Good Ol' Boys

Yes... there are plenty of Good O'l Boys in those parts growing their Latin Lettuce... South of the Border Butts.... Hooch... or whatever you want to call it. The last thing you want to do is stumble upon their patch.

Its not as bad as I make it sound but you do have to be very careful. Do not go alone and carry a weapon... at least have something in your vehicle. Most of those areas are perfectly fine... but some, Buffalo Creek, for example are way down in the boonies and it can get pretty spooky some times. But hey, the fishing is great and its a really pretty area.

Rob Woodruff taught me most of what I know about fly fishing for smallies in Southeast Oklahoma. I've hired him as a guide to fish those streams and certainly got my monies worth. He is a great guide and will give you a wonderful education on the area and techniques for smallies. Check out his web site at www.flyfishingfork.com