View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Galvan Customer Service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
Good to hear Larry. I own the OB-2 for my 4 wts and love the warm-butter smoothness of it. After having it for a while and taking it apart etc I wasn't sure about the drag/clutch mechanism. It works great now, but too many little parts and surfaces etc. I've been trying to find the perfect, bulletproof system without breakable/bendable/detachable lose-able parts etc but I havn't found it yet. I'll keep searching for one that I can't find anything to nit-pick about. Not happy to hear that it broke on you, but good news about their service.

On the flip, recently had some poor customer service from Redington. My CT arrived (from authorized dealer) with a broken tube zipper. They won't send one out to me; tubes are not covered under warranty. Now I have to return the rod to the dealer on my shipping dime etc. to get it replaced with a new one. They wouldn't let me go any higher up the chain of management and told me there was absolutely no way they would send me a tube. I offered to send the dated reciept (from a week ago)/pictures of the broken zipper etc. I told them my $150 CT is going to end up costing me 165 and an extra two weeks because I have to send it back, they werent concerned. Of course I didn't tell them I won it on e-bay for $71, but it was from an authorized dealer. That is none of their business. But, my great deal just got a little less great because they can't ship out undamaged products, and won't fix it when they do.
Last year I was looking for another reel and Frank had mentioned a couple times that he really loves his Galvan OB reel so I thought I would give it a try and I too really liked the reel, with the minor issue with the drag, but as it turns out I'm totally impressed with Galvan's customer service. They repaired the reel "No Charge" and sent it back and they even absorbed the shipping charges, how good is that!

Sorry to hear about the hassle with your Redington and the run around, that isn't a very good way to win over a customer!

Larry