View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:27 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What release tool do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Find it interesting that not many people use the Ketchum Release tool. You see them all over the place. I expected they were more popular than this poll shows. I never bought one cause I feared they would tear up the large flies we use on the Snake most of the summer.
I've got one of those, but never used it. My vest's overburdened as it is, and my Rising Crocodile "hemostat" will also do pretty much the same thing as the Ketchum because toward the tip right before the clamp it forms an "O" to minimize mashing the fly. That "O" can also be slid down the tippit to the hook to release it Ketchum-style. I also think it complicates the Ketchum purchase decision that they come in three different sizes for different-sized flies.