View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 06:19 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tying on an indicator

I don't tie one on. I use either a "Tip Top" which is a small tube that I thread on the leader before tying on flies. Plus the tube can be slid up on to
the loop of line leader and stays there if I want to switch to a dry.
I also use slip indicators that have a plastic peg the is put on before flies.
Other ones I use are "Thingamabobbers" That are plastic air filled balls in different sizes that have a little hole in the bottom. Like yarn indicators, you fold the leader in half, stick it through the hole, then loop the line over the Thingamabobber or yarn and tighten.
Also the small styro indicators that have a slit in the side. Stick the leader in the slit then use a small piece of a toothpick.
Don't forget the styro indicators with the same slit plus they are two sections with a rubber band in the middle. Lay the leader in the slit then twist the two sections in opposite directions.
PLUS Strike putty. like playdough. Make a ball and squish it on your line. That stuff is great for helping to fling out tiny flies, but sometimes hard to get off the leader completely, will stain, and hard as a rock in the cold.