View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 08:50 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tying on an indicator

FISHN50, thank you. You just answered a question I had. I bought some small beads and was trying to remember how to attach them.
I bought some of those tiny Frogs Hair indicators to find out they don't go over knots at all. But I think I will try to make the hole a little bigger and try this.

plland, I get you now. I too like to tie on a longer tippet in a "Y" sort of connection with one side longer. Recently I read somewhere, I tie on tippet to the leader, but then up on the leader, I tie a tag on the same way you would tie a dropper off the bend of the hook. This allows the tag to be slid up or down. And the knot for the leader/tippet keep it from sliding all the way down. Now the leader is untouched. You can just clip the tag off.
Now, I tie as you do, a big dry or I can tie a styro ball (put the tippet threw the ball and loop it around and tie if off like a loop knot on a fly)