View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 AM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: are float tubes worth it??

Mmm...float tubes. I like them for the fact that you don't have to haul it around with a trailer or on your roof, you can setup at the lake in 5 mins and be on the water in no time, they're light, user friendly, give ya exercise, and you can get pretty much anywhere.

Some helpful tips. Don't buy waders with a seam along the inside of the thigh if at all possible. I had a pair of Cabelas' waders that wore on the seam and allowed lots of icy fresh waders into the gonadial region. lol. Not so much fun.

Secondly, don't cheap out on the flippers. This is your primarily means of propulsion and can put a lot of strain on your ankles. I'm a Force Fin guy all the way and I won't switch for anything. Can turn on a dime with no effort, and can even fight current in rivers with just a simple steady rhythm. (yes I go everywhere with my tubes, lol)

Lastly, get the Outcast style tube with either the inflatible seat or foam seat. They're by far the best on the market. I've tried a few other brands and they aren't even close. I actually use the trout unlimited togiak for backpacking into lakes though because it weighs about a third less than my fishcat. So other than that, get an Outcast!

Nick