View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 08:32 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: are float tubes worth it??

There are a few threads on tubes on this forum, do a search and you can see the pros and cons pretty easily. I had a pontoon boat, and if you have a truck, they are pretty good, I have a jeep wrangler, the pontoon for me required a trailer. I have had a few float tubes, donut, u-boat and now a Vshaped cumberland. Vshaped are in my opinon the best of the three, and the cumberland has a foam seat that keeps all but your feet and legs out of the water which is nice especially if the water is cold (im ~200 lbs and it works great), deflates and fits in the back of my wrangler and costs about $200. I, like you, have a boat to use if I decide I want to use a motor but I find I generally take the tube to the local lakes - 5 minute setup, no hassle at the ramp, drive up, pump it up with the little rechargeable pump, waders, flippers, PFD, and kick to the fish. My funds are limited, if I could I would probably have the scadden - Joni and Mojo fish a lot of stillwater and rivers and they fish hard - if they recommend a product, I would bet it is a good product.

So to answer your original question - are float tubes worth it, the answer, in my opinion, is yes.

d