View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:54 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Catch/release vs. Put/take

Slightly off the subject....

I catch, and eat,salt water fish that are caught (by any means possible, including satellite and fixed wing aerial recon) by the commercial fisheries. But I release even those tasty, healthy, valuable fish when they are big ones.

I think that slot limits are the only way to insure that any wild fish species will not evolve into a "sub" or "new" species of dwarf fish. When there are no "slot' limits, then I simply do it voluntarily, be they dolphin, tuna, landlocks, brook trout or whatever.

Minimum size limits are the worst thing that ever happened to our fisheries in my opinion, yet states continue with those rules. Maximum size limits, or slot limits, not minimum size limits, are the only way to save the wild fish in non-catch and release waters.

Cheers,
Jim

Last edited by wjc; 04-18-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: red comfusing originally