View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Hackle Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlemoc View Post
Hey all,

I was wondering how exactly to do hackle. It has been giving me problems lately and I am unsure why. It binds up as I wrap it around the body. I think I am doing it wrong, so I am curious as to the right way. Also, I am curious as to how to tell the difference between wet fly hackle and dry fly hackle on a big thing of hackle. Thanks for all input!
Hi schlemoc,

I think we might need a little more information. I am not sure what you mean by "binding up". What type of fly are you tying?

Dry fly hackle is stiff and has little or no web. Wet fly hackle is soft and has a lot of Web. Dry fly hackle is thin and long and wet fly hackle is shorter and wider.

Here is a link showing how to wrap a dry fly hackle video.

Here is a link showing how to wrap a wet fly hackle video

Frank