View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Tying on an indicator

Hi to all,

I see no one mentioned yarn indicators so I will put in my two cents. I like yarn indicators and tie them on the leader with a knot used to put a loop in your leader. I only use a single over hand wrap so the loop slips down onto the yarn. I like yarn because you can make it any size and any color. They float well and look some what natural on the water in white. I seldom adjust the position on the leader so the knot is not a problem. That is one draw back with yarn. If you pull your loop real tight in the butt section of the leader, it will leave wrinkles in the leader when you undo the knot. Since I don't move it much that is not a problem for me. I also soak my yarn over night in HydroStop and they float forever.

There are some yarn indicators with a little "O" ring and you loop through the O ring to hold the indicator in place. Most of the O rings are too large for me.