View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default NorCal - NorNev Lakes and Rivers

I know that is a wide area but comments did not really fit in the never ending Truckee River Thread....

Lake Davis:
I spoke with the nice folks at the Grizzly Store the other day, and the roads are plowed to Mallard Cove - boat launch is not in the water at Mallard, something about a broken anchor cable and it will be 3 to 4 weeks to get it fixed. You can launch small boats if you don't need a ramp and you can of course tube or pontoon - just wear your johhny's (flannels for some of us) as the water is gonna be brisk to put it nicely. Lake as it 75% level and lots of snow to still melt in the area.

Ice is off the lake except right near the Dam and the fish are starting to wake up.

Current Hatches are small midges and Blood Midges per my hatch chart, and I have also had good luck with scuds and copper johns at the lake just about year round.

I might give it a go with the float tube this weekend if the weather cooperates and I can convince my buddy he is as nuts as I am.

Access to the west side of the lake is by snowmobile or snow shoe only, even my Jeep can't get there as of last weekend there is still a ton of snow.

d