View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 07:23 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NorCal - NorNev Lakes and Rivers

Allen,

I will post if we make it out this weekend, sometimes work gets in the way, but, if I don't go this weekend, I have a few days off coming up, so I plan to get to Davis real soon either way.

My buddy accross the street and I fish Davis pretty regular throughout the spring, summer, fall, float tubing and I have a 14 ft aluminum we also use. If you are heading this way, and want to meet up, say hi, fish or have a cup of coffee or something before getting your fly wet let me know.

Also,
There are half a dozen guys in the Reno/Tahoe area, I have fished with a few, and maybe this year we can actually get a "fish in" meet up scheduled up at the lake or on the river or something.

On your short list, if you have never done it, there is also pyramid lake, I personally have not had a lot of luck there, but I have only been twice and fished it once with a friend who wanted to troll all day, it was his boat, and it was windy and not so easy to fly fish but all in all a nice day, others I know have nailed it a few times and brought in some big fish - 10-15 pounds or more. The ladder line up is something to see if nothing else.

d