View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ketchin' Fish... the OLD fashioned way.

I was out float tubing yesterday and had an odd thing happen. I looked back over my shoulder to gauge my distance to a bouy line and noticed a rather large red and white bobber floating nearby. Not unusual, as this lake is primarily put&take. I figure this rig is caught on the bouy line so I paddle toward it, as I close in it moves and dives away like a mini-Jaws with a barrel! I can see the bobber about 6 feet down as I increase my pursuit. I figure that, like Jaws, the bobber will eventually surface. I catch up to it and handline the fish in, it's a 14 inch rainbow with a small treble stuck in its tongue. The fish is in good shape so I remove the hook and let him go and save the rig for the bin. milt.