View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 PM

chrome_jones will become famous soon enoughchrome_jones will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Casting weighted streamers

Damato, another good point, that I will ignorantly agree with as a a newbie. False casts, with awkward heavy setups, are more harm then good in the early stages. I tried it, as a dork, that didn't know they were different animals... can be done, and I've learned to do it, but, an advanced skill for better guys than me, to be sure. Honestly, remembering back to when I couldn't toss a streamer, my first cheat was to water load any cast I could, even if it was a three or four point cast, it will get you in the zone before an ugly, weight affected, overhead style, cast that wasn't meant to throw that rig. Saves a lot of fishing time from wondering what went wrong. Fishing sooner = fishing more. Those wide ranging water-loads developed into an understanding of tempo, that were evolved into my own streamer casting style for each of my rods. A-La the eliptical cast Rip referred to. I just got there the hard way.

Absolutely don't false cast this setup till you figure out what it really takes to move it out to the target.

-Jones