View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 12:31 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ketchin' Fish... the OLD fashioned way.

Oddest fish I never hooked, but landed was a more than a few years back. Fishing on a SW Washington stream and this particular bit of water isn't all that wide, but deeper than heck. Re-strung the single hander with a 300 grain Teeny head line and off we go.

A few casts into this and line stops, rod begins to 'throb;' set the hook and fish on! End game is I've just about got the fish to the surface and I look at my leader .... and the whole darned thing (my fly included) is out of the water!

What I'd hooked was someone else's busted off fish. Only thing I can think of is the guy broke his line and the lead (a goodly chunk) had stuck between a couple of rocks on the bottom. My fly caught the leader, pulled the lead off the bottom and away we go.

fae