View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Small stream suggestions??

Hi Junkie,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you stopped by and hope to see you often.

If you are talking Dollies in Valdez he may be thinking Robe Lake and the connecting streams. Robe Lake gets a bunch of Dollies every year. They flock in behind Salmon to feed on any wayward eggs.

The flies I would want would be flesh flies, eggs (size and color to match the Salmon running at the time), black egg sucking leech, egg sucking crystal bugger. This early in the year the flesh fly may not be a good producer just yet. There is also a chance that the Dollies are feeding on fry of Pink Salmon. I don't know what would be a good fry imitation.

Frank