View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:44 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Casting weighted streamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
Mojo,

I think you're confusing yourself.

I do it all the time, especially when calling out fish locations. I actually prefer calling out fish directions as plus 2 oclock and minus 2 o'clock. Minus being to the left. I feel like an idiot when fishing with guide buddies of mine, but it works and they don't beat me up about it too much.

Perhaps it's because the longest a watch has ever lasted me before I broke it was a week or so. My total lifetime of watch-wearing is certainly less than 3 weeks. I can't stand restrictions of any sort. Shoes are bad enough.

The Belgium cast, ellliptical cast and Lefty cast are all basically the same cast, and the rod is generally not "stopped" hard at any clock position, but is decellerated to form a loop and continues in that same general direction until the rod is nearly horizontal usually. The casting stroke makes an ellilpse, changing planes from back to front, rather than remaining in the same plane as with a traditional overhead cast (straight back, straight front in the same plane). This all but eliminates the feeling of a loss of tension in the line hand.

Because of this, all three of those casts are called "constant tension" casts.

Cheers,
Jim
Yea, that's what I meant.