View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Small stream suggestions??

Hi Chris,

I moved to Anchorage in May of 1974. I was working in Fairbanks in 1976 and moved there in 1977. It was about 1976/77 that Diamond Blvd was paved and the Diamond shopping center built. I found McAfee's soon after the shopping center was finished.

Dennis was a great fly shop owner. I flew in from Fairbanks frequently for meetings and always visited McAlfee's. I could call Dennis and order anything he didn't have in stock and when I got to town he would have it waiting for me. He shared fishing spots and was just a good guy. Later in the 80's his daughter was working in the shop helping out. McAlfee's was the small shop that anyone would want in their home town.

Thanks for the information about the egg sucking leech. A great Alaska pattern no matter how it is tied.

Frank