View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small stream suggestions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerka View Post
I am not sure I will offer much that hasnt already been offered, but definately pack some egg sucking leeches. Plus some other egg patterns. I think some alevins are good for early season. If you are going later in the summer, flesh flies are killer.

Speaking of ESLs, I have been tying some with an actual egg pattern at the head of the hook. Then tying the leech pattern behind rather than just the normal chenile wrapping in front of the leech. I have high hopes and will report back once I have the chance to use it.
Nerka: That is an interesting concept, keep us posted on your modification fishes, I'm guessing it would be better than the chenile wrap, but who knows for sure. I've always tied my ESLs with the chenile.

Larry