Thread: Killer bug
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Killer bug

Hello Trygve,

It's always interesting to see what you are up to with your fly tying. This reminds me of the very plain hares' ear fly I began nymph fishing with. When I wanted colors that the hares mask could not produce I used wool to make them. The finished products were very effective.

As I improved fly tying skills I started making very realistic stone and may fly nymphs. These had legs, tails, wing cases, and were really impressive to see clamped in the vise. Funny thing though, the realistic patterns when drifted in the riffles of my trout streams did not work any better and sometimes not as well as flies like you are showing me here. I would say that what you are showing is a very good nymph, grub, or scud imitation depending on size and color.

Good to see you back, keep the flies coming.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;