View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:05 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default It ain't off the rack for sure.

Can you get this off the shelf? Ok, I've got a couple rods I'm in the process of building now. One is a honey 'glass Lamiglas 4w 7'6" 2pc.

Click the image to open in full size.

The other is a Mike McFarland blank- 4w 7'9" 4 pc. glass also. This one is going to be raffled off at the 2nd Annual Wasatch Fly Tying Expo on May 2 and 3. I put the Lami off until I finish the McFarland.
I like glass and cane. It kind of brings you down to earth when you fish them.
Very capable of landing just about anything. Mike along with Mark Steffan (Steffan Brothers) is a legend among 'glass afficinados. Anyway, the Lami has a cigar grip, wound in rattan. Walnut downlocking nickle silver sliding band hardware. The winding thread will be (as is the thread on the McF) a verigated black and orange. On the McFarland, the blank is a dark reddish brown. I have a maple burled insert with nickle silver wedding band hardware, a cigar grip wound with burnt rattan, silver winding check and an orange/red agate stripping guide. Snake Brand snake guides and tip top. The orange and black verigated thread will have a black tip on them.
The McFarland is waiting for the cork grip. The guys I got it from forgot to ship it. I modify it, glue on rattan, wind a red or whatever color thread inbetween the rattan.
Here's the McFarland so far. I have a little ways to go.

Starting the winding of the stripper guide.

The female ferrule end.
This is a grip I dumped. I didn't like the way it turned out so I got rid of it but it gives you an idea about the style of grip with the reel seat.
I have more on other rods I built for Joni and myself, but we'll leave that for another thread.