View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 12:08 AM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough
Default First time with my 3wt this year

We got lots of rain in central PA. The Susquehanna is high and dirty so I hit a local trout stream.

First let me say that after I watched Dark Cahill's video on catching carp and cats in the flooded water I first gave a hours casts with my 8wt. I had one bass on, but he came undone a couple feet from me.
Check out the Canadian Goose in the third pic.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...mits-2494.html

I caught 10 nice trout and released them all. I already had a couple trout stockie dinners and soon I'll be catchin' some striped bass.

First time this year for my 3wt. I have a 8' 3wt St Croix Avid with a CSR reel. Even a 10" trout puts up quite a fight with that tiny rod. The trout went wild over small woolybuggers and fur leeches.

Such a wonderful day today. I can have so much pleasure with a flyrod. Even if gas is climbing, and the world is falling apart, I know that I can have the most wonderful day with a flyrod in a tiny creek nearby. Sunfish, Fallfish, Rockbass, Chubs, Cats, Perch, Carp, Smallmouth, Largemouth and trout.......... it really doesn't matter to me.

I'll hit another creek tomorrow, they just restocked it. PA really isn't that bad a place to flyfish in!