Thread: New here.
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:33 AM

whoknows is on a distinguished road
Default New here.

Hello all! I am a long time fisher since I was about 5-6 my grandparents had a cottage with a lake and me and my grandpa had a fishing competition I caught 30+ bluegill that day and have been hooked since.(20 years or so!) I usually just spin fish for anything have a tackle box full of large boxes that are jam packed and that was fun and the best was the past few years I was fishing with my best friend but he is off in Naha/Okinawa, Japan while serving in the Marines and last summer he came back on leave and got me hooked on fly fishing. I am from the Cleveland,Ohio area and about 20 mins from great rivers for steelhead and smallmouth. So I am not new to fishing just fly fishing I can't stop watching videos and can't wait to get out there

I purchased my first fly rod Sunday a 9' St. Croix Triumph 6wt and also ordered a few flies from Orvis and there 20 flies for 10 bucks just to start off. I am slowly piecing together the rest of my fly fishing set up to begin the year off on a new journey that is fly fishing! Someday I would love to go to Colorado ect to do some fishing but I will have to wait till I am finished with college and get some vacation time.

Love the website so far, can't wait for more to come! Thanks all!