View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all
Default Re: Duschee Creek, Minnesota "MONSTER"

There is outflow from the fish hatchery into the stream at that point, which means that it stays perfect temp all-year round. This means tons of active, feeding fish. I talked to a friend who guides in the area. According to him, big browns like that one will come feed on the 10-12" stocked rainbows that are constantly active at the outflow, producing many good fish.

That stretch of the Duschee is really well known and gets a ton of pressure. It also holds the distinction of being wheel-chair accessible. There's a nice trail, and access to about 8 pools that can accommodate people with limited mobility right up to the edge of the bank. Its for that reason that I don't fish there anymore. I'm a healthy young guy that has no problem hiking in miles to fish. Old farts and people with disabilities have so many fewer options for trout streams that I feel a bit unethical putting more pressure on that particular spot.

Edit: A bit of a nitpick, but I want to point out that native refers to brookies. Wild would be the word to use.