View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Decisions decisions....

Hi uscmule,

I like both reels and recommend both. Before you make up your mind find out from Justin what his price is for a Allen Trout reel for NAFFF members. The Allen trout will be less expensive than the Konic.

You will have to decide if you want to pay more money for a high pressure cast reel or less money for a fully machined bar stock reel. The machining on the Allen reel is top notch and you get a lot of reel for the buck. The problem with most cast reels is they are somewhat brittle compared to a machined steel reel. Some cast reels have broken when dropped on rocks. Not that we should be dropping our reels on rocks. I don't know if that is true of the Konic or not.

I got an Allen Trout 5/7 this year and never even considered the Konic even though I know it is a good reel. The Allen was the better buy for me.

Frank