View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Yellowstone or Wind River

My Nephew and I are planning a trip to Wyoming, landing at Jackson Hole on Aug 17th, fishing till the 25th. We are looking to put together a 8-12 mile remote round trip, hitting a few streams and small lakes for trout.

I was initially looking at the Wind River Wilderness area, but thought Yellowstone might be more suited to what we're looking for.

Ordered a couple books, have done a lot of reading and really feel like I'm not getting it or August is not so good.

My early research indicated that Aug was a good month to be there, but now I'm starting to second guess.

I already did my interduction, so I will bother you gentlemen with a couple questions..............was August a mistake and do you have to camp in a campground in Yellowstone. Our intention was to hike in to a nice stretch of river and camp along it, hike to another stream, same thing, but if I'm reading right you can only camp in a campground?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'm sorry in advance for the many questions I will bother you with