View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Montana-bound May 11-18

Okay, so I'm going to visit friends and family in MT between May 11 through 18, and I might get a couple days to do a little fishing.

Question 1: Is anyone out there familiar with the streams and lakes around Kalispell (think I spelled that right)? My buddy says we will probably at least fish the Bitterroot and the Blackfoot. But he is unsure of what lakes would be good. I'm not looking for your honeyhole, just the names of some streams and lakes that might have some decent fishing for me and my godchildren (5 and 6). Think relatively late starts and early departures, after all we are talking little kids here.

Note: I'm bringing a Cabela's Stowaway 9 ft 5 wt, an Allen 5/6 reel spooled with Rio Grand 5wf-f line. Since this trip is more about visiting family, I plan on only bringing a couple small boxes of flies, no other lines or reels. No sink tips, or anything fancy at all. We'll probably be fishing from the bank, sans waders, unless we get access to a boat.

My second question: does anyone have some ideas on what flies I should bring for the middle of May? I'm hoping for some kind of dry fly action for myself and my buddy, as we'll probably just tie on some buggers for the kids. But any help you guys might have would be great. Thanks in advance.

Peace.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark