View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Yellowstone or Wind River

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
Thank you for some good advice. I will try to touch base with the Park to confirm the camping situation, though I think you are right. If I confirm that remote camping is not authroized, I will most likely start looking into the Wind River Area, though as I continue to read there are river in the Yellowstone area outside of Yellowstone that are accessable.

Seems like a good knowledge base here and if you don't mind I will continue to post our plans and if you see me completely getting it wrong, don't hesitate to say so.

Thanks
The park has maps of all the back country campsites. I also believe that the USGS maps have all the trails and campsites on their TOPO maps. I don't have any knowledge on the Winds. Couple of my friends have gone in there and had a blast, but I have not done it myself.

I have canoed up the Southeast Arm of Yellowstone Lake and camped by the mouth of the river. Lots of great hiking to remote lakes and creeks from there. You'll be fishing big Yellowstone Cutthroats along the shore of the lake and in the river. That part of the lake is no motor zone so not many people go there. I only did it for a couple of days. Always wanted to go back for like a week or more to really explore the area.
All the campsites are seperated by about a mile or more. They consist of a fire ring and a cable in the trees for hanging you cooking gear out of bear reach. Other than that they are rustic.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures