View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fly Fishing reference book

Hi truchas,

I have a little different perspective on buying books or DVD's. I think you are better off with specialty books for specific interest. If you want to learn knots, buy a knot book. If you are interested in Steelhead fishing, buy a book about Steelhead. I think you get the idea. When you buy a specialty book you generally get an author who specializes in a specific type of fishing. General books that give you a little bit about everything are OK but you may not get as much information on a single type of fishing that you may be interested in.

Having said that I can recommend a very good all around book for fresh and saltwater fishing. "Lefty Kreh's Ultimate Guide to Fly Fishing"

A second series of books that I can recommend is "Lefty's Little Library" This is a series of books about all aspects of fly fishing. There are 21 or 22 different, small books. They have top quality paper and binding. This is not a cheap way to go but it is something you will want to hand down to a Son or Daughter. This set was originally sold one book a month until Left'y had finished the set. They did screw up on the index book as it was done as a add on and it is not easy to use.

Frank