View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 05:48 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: It ain't off the rack for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGal View Post
Is that a drill bit at the rod side of your grip in the last picture?
Yes it is. That's how I turn down the grip (sand it) to the shape I want. It's 12" long. Drill bits are the straightest steel I've found without spending a fortune on a mandrel. Put it in the drill motor and away you go.
A little masking tape around it and it stays no problem.
Thanks FrankB2 and all. I'll send pictures when I finish the new rod. I ordered some guides and grip from Jo***y's Pond, got the stuff a week later but no grip. I called and the gal said what model, I told her the part # and style- cigar grip. She sent it out that day. I got it yesterday and it was a damn half wells inletted grip. I was more than pissed. Made a few calls to some local shops and struck out. Joni said to call High Country FF and I told her no one carries a cigar grip. It's old school. She called and guess what.
The guy said he had one on the shelf that's been sitting there for about 8 years. Come on down and get it. Sanded the grip to what I wanted and wrapped the rattan.
Pics to follow.