View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: the effect of the digital world

I do both also, I'm not obsessed with photos unless I've decided to do a documentary of the day or trip for my own reasons. I actually took more pictures when I was shooting Kodachrome. I still use compass and maps more than my Garmin but I like the GPS for some things. It (GPS) has been great for finding slack currents on my river trips. I use the speed that it records to help me know where to be in reference to the water speed. The total trip time and average speed logs are good tools when traveling long distances like I do. The cell phone is great as a communication tool but there is still almost 50 miles of the river trip that has no service so it's not magic.

All told I use my share of new tech in combination with my old school tools.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;