View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:15 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: the effect of the digital world

Im not to sure where I would fall. I grew up with all of this stuff developing, being slightly on the young side. However the first part of my life was tent camping, worm fishing and IF pictures were taken it was with a Canon AE-1 slr ( still got it though, its great!! ) Now, having grow up, moved out and able to do as I please, I still find going back to the "old ways" of doing things kind of fun and rewarding. Its nice knowing that I know how to read and use a map, use a compass and just generally find my way. I'm one of the only people in a group of friends that knows how to successfully build fires for cooking or for heat, or change them as needed. Now i will say that usually my digital SLR comes dragging along with me, but only when i feel like it. Usually there is a little P&S i carry but forget its there. I take a cell phone only as a last means, it goes silent when i hit the water and stuffed into a back pocket to forget about. I will use the GPS to navigate to places, only because i dont feel like having a piece of paper flying around my truck with the turn by turn directions written on it, or i would be just as fine using those. I guess you could say im alittle bit of a hybrid of both. Its nice now and then to have the techy stuff, but for the most part im still content with doing things the old fashion way.

Storm Drain Bonefisher