View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 01:05 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Reel Drag Type Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
I have tried an Abel on the stream that was very sticky, but the owner didn't maintain his equipment very well. The least expensive reel I own has cork discs in the drag system (Okuma SLV), but they are impregnated. I've owned them for several years, and they are easily the smoothest reels I've ever tried. They've made their way back onto my rods as my go to reels, and I don't have to worry about scratching a much more expensive reel. Actually, the SLV resist scratching pretty well!

ive been thinking about an slv for awhile. ive heard only great things about them.

ARFE