View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM

hypobaricstalker will become famous soon enoughhypobaricstalker will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to hypobaricstalker
Default Re: Ask About Fly Fishing Internet Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob11 View Post
hbs - just listened to some podcasts last night while tying some flies, and was having the same problem with the downloads. Today I went to the archived shows and did the following:

1) Chose the show I wanted to download and clicked on "Listen/Download Podcast (MP3)"
2) Once in the new window, the show starts playing in Quicktime.
3)Right clicked on the Quicktime screen and got a menu with a choice to download the program to RealPlayer. I chose that, and the download started.

Not sure whether Real Player is a requirement, as it's likely that may be the default on my PC. Check it out, it's likely to work for you. Good luck!
Rob, may I ask if it was a recent show? I know the last 6 shows are working, but anything beyond that is what I'm having issues with. The same that do not show in the subscription list for the podcasts.

An example would be both of Dorseys shows. When I click on the listen/download link, the URL looks correct in the address bar, but the webpage that pops up is the home page.

I'm on a new macbook with all the software updates, and running firefox for my browser.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I also tried it in Safari, and got the same result. When I save the links they pop up as .mp3 but they're not coded for .mp3. Here's the link to Dorsey's section. DORSEY'S